3 IN 1 Primer
3 IN 1 Primers are specially designed to prime and fill in one step on plastic, steel and aluminum . They are excellent for use over bare metal, aluminum, previously painted surfaces, polyester body filler, plastics and SMC/fiberglass substrates. 3 IN 1 Primers are quick to dry, easy to sand and offer great film build and flexibility.
- Ready to spray; paint gun style fan spray pattern
- Fast drying; Easy to sand
- Stays flexible
- Hides minor surface defects and sanding scratches
- Fast top coat times; compatible with most top coats
- VOC compliant
- Suitable for Metal, Aluminum, and Plastics
Preparation and Application
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Thoroughly pre-clean plastic areas to be treated using warm soap and water and a coarse scuffing pad. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and wipe dry with a clean cloth or flash off with a heat gun to dry the area completely. Repeat if necessary. Apply Adhesion Promoter (SXPP24 or XPPPQ) to olefin-based plastics (TPO) after cleaning surface. Allow to dry 20 – 30 minutes.
- Clean non-plastic surface areas thoroughly with Low VOC Surface Cleaner (LVAPC) or Panel Prep (SPPV), wipe clean and dry. Lightly scuff / sand any bare metal, body filler or sound painted areas with a 180 then a 280 to 320 grit abrasive. Be sure to feather edge any areas surrounding the bare metal repair areas. Re-clean and dry.
- 3 IN 1 Primer can be applied directly to bare steel and aluminum, however, for optimal adhesion it is recommended to first apply Self Etch Primer (SEP/SEP1) or Super Acid Etch Primer (SEPA) to bare steel and aluminum.
- Mask off any surrounding areas not to be coated.
TECHNICAL DATA SHEET: SAPB_SAPG_SAPW_TDS_rev Feb 2019
What is the coverage?
Can I use this on bare metal?